August 1, 201710:00 am - 11:00 am
City Hall Rotunda; 200 E. Wells St
ACTION ALERT: CC4QP PRESS CONFERENCE
Dear CC4QP Member,
I am emailing to alert you to a CC4QP Press Conference. Please attend if you can.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
City Hall Rotunda
200 E. Wells St., Milwaukee 53202
City Hall Phone No: (414) 286-2150
1. Call for strong support of Milwaukee’s Fire & Police Commission (FPC).
2. Voice support for adherence to the policy stating that all material changes to Milwaukee Police Department SOPs (standard operating procedures) must be ratified by the FPC and that public comment must be allowed.
3. Request the release to the public, as it is the property of the City, of the draft of the U. S. Department of Justice’s collaborative reform document.
4. Call for an independent audit of the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD).
5. Strongly suggest that the SOPs advocated by CC4QP be reviewed for possible ratification by the FPC (Fire and Police Commission) and subsequent implementation by MPD (Milwaukee Police Department).
Community Coalition for Quality Policing (CC4QP) Members:
All Peoples Church Bishop Paul Erickson, Greater Milwaukee Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
American Civil Liberties Union of Wisconsin Social Development Commission (SDC)
Sherman Park Community Association The Urban League of Milwaukee
Black Health Coalition of Wisconsin, Inc. Voces de la Frontera
Felmers O. Chaney Advocacy Board (FCAB) Jewish Community Relations Council of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation (JCRC)
FORGE Inc. Islamic Dawah and Community Center (Imam Yaseen Domineck)
Interfaith Conference of Greater Milwaukee Wisconsin Black Historical Society
WISDOM League of United Latin American Citizens of Wisconsin (LULAC)
YWCA Pastors United
Wisconsin Council of Rabbis
Rt. Rev. Steven Miller, Bishop of Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee
Milwaukee Inner-City Congregations Allied for Hope (MICAH)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People-Milwaukee Branch (NAACP)
Milwaukee LGBT Community Center