So the news of a multi-million dollar grant award designed to address a striking racial infant mortality disparity should have been a cause for celebration. But controversy has arisen because a partnership known as the Milwaukee African American Perinatal Health Collaborative (MAAPHC), submitted a competing bid and lost, despite scoring highly.
About NAACP | Milwaukee
The NAACP Milwaukee Branch, launched in 1924, is one of the oldest branches in the nation - working in the forefront of the civil rights movement.
NAACP | Events
July 18, 2020
- NAACP issues statement regarding Joe Biden’s comment, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re voting for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
- NAACP Milwaukee issue statement regarding the passing of Jonathan Safran
- NAACP Milwaukee urges Wisconsin Election Commission to count Early Absentee Votes
- NAACP issues a statement regarding Wisconsin Primary Executive Order #73
- Milwaukee residents: Get tested for COVID-19