October 22, 20206:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Zoom Virtual Debate
Debate Administrators (NAACP-Milwaukee PAC Chair, Chris Johnson & Co-Chair, Nick McVey)
Moderators: Earl Ingram, Jr. & Gerard Randall
Location: NAACP-Milwaukee Room for live stream on Zoom, YouTube, Local & Social Media (Facebook, Instagram)
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
This will be a virtual debate live streamed on as many of media outlets that we can. We will invite various media outlets to stream live the debate on their platforms. Only candidates, the moderator and the live streaming staff will be allowed in the room. Social distancing will be strictly enforced, and masks will be suggested to be worn before live streaming the debate.
1. State Assembly District #11 – Dora Drake (D) and Orlando Owens (R)
2. State Assembly District #12 – Ozell Cox (R) and LaKeshia Meyers (D)
3. State Assembly District #16 – Kaylan Haywood (D) and Dennis Walton (I)
4. State Assembly District #17 – Abie Eisenbach (R) and Supreme Moore Omokunde (D)
5. State Senate District #6 – Alciro Deacon (R) and LaTonya Johnson (D)
6. U.S. Wisconsin House District #4 – Gwen Moore (D) and Tim Rogers (R)
Format per Debate
1. Welcome/Rules Overview (Moderators)-1 minute, (1 minute)
2. Panelist introductions (Candidates)-1 minutes, (2 minutes)
3. Candidates initial statements (Candidates)-1 minute each, (4 minutes)
4. Questions to panelists (Moderators ask candidates 3 questions, 1 minute to respond)-12 minutes, (16 minutes)
5. Questions from public (Moderators asks 2 questions from the public, 1 minute to respond)-8 minutes, (24 minutes)
6. Thank you/administrative remarks-(Moderators)-1 minute, (25 minutes)
7. Change Debate Candidates-5 minutes, (30 minutes)
TOTAL for 6 Debates – 3 Hours
1. Each candidate will be asked the same question and allowed the same amount of time to respond.
2. Panelists will not be able to interrupt other panelists responses, controlled by moderator.
3. The moderators will have discretion ask follow up questions allowing one minute for response.