The Milwaukee County Board on Thursday unanimously set in motion plans for removing nearly 170 county youths this year from a troubled state juvenile prison in northern Wisconsin and placing them instead in secure detention centers here. The board declared a “state of emergency” for county teenagers at Lincoln Hills School for boys and the […]
About NAACP | Milwaukee
The NAACP Milwaukee Branch, launched in 1924, is one of the oldest branches in the nation - working in the forefront of the civil rights movement.
NAACP | Events
October 23, 2020
- Facebook has a problem with black people, former employee charges
- The Short Tenure and Abrupt Ouster of Banking’s Sole Black C.E.O.
- NAACP Milwaukee Remembers Representative John Lewis
- NAACP issues statement regarding Joe Biden’s comment, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re voting for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
- NAACP Milwaukee issue statement regarding the passing of Jonathan Safran