So the news of a multi-million dollar grant award designed to address a striking racial infant mortality disparity should have been a cause for celebration. But controversy has arisen because a partnership known as the Milwaukee African American Perinatal Health Collaborative (MAAPHC), submitted a competing bid and lost, despite scoring highly.
About NAACP | Milwaukee
The NAACP Milwaukee Branch, launched in 1924, is one of the oldest branches in the nation - working in the forefront of the civil rights movement.
NAACP | Events
- NAACP Milwaukee Stands with the Milwaukee African American Perinatal Health Collaborative
- Jerry Lawson: The Black Man Who Revolutionized Gaming As We Know It
- The Overlooked History of African American Skate Culture
- Education Committee: “Reparations for Slavery: Repentance in Politics” [Video]
- NAACP Milwaukee’s Collective Core Issues 2019